encourage submission of diverse opinions, but reserve the right to reject any
content that we deem to be potentially libelous or slanderous, or in our opinion,
clearly in violation of prevailing community standards of good taste.
Letters must be submitted directly by the author and include the author's hometown (published) and phone number (NOT published).
We do NOT accept 'anonymous' letters or letters submitted by individuals other than the author.
- Address a specific issue of local (Hudson Valley) interest
- Be limited to a single topic
- Be limited to about 250 words or less (we are very flexible on this). Very long letters may be edited for excessive length.
- Be written in a normal style i.e. No all UPPER CASE, or NO upper case when appropriate (at beginning of sentences), excessive use of italics, or failure to use standard punctuation including periods (.) at ends of sentences.
We do NOT accept:
- Anything that in our judgment violates prevailing standards of decency
- Anything that appears, in our judgment, to advocate, explicitly or implicitly, acts of discrimination based on gender, ethnicity, domestic relationships, or physical or mental limitations
- Attacks on personal integrity
- Anything that appears, in our judgment, to be libelous or slanderous
- “Form” or “seminar” letters (or letters that appears to be)
- Letters, or content, that appears intended to promote a business, product or service
- More than one letter per contributor, per 30-day period.
We prefer unformatted email text or MS Word docs in plain text. Please do NOT send PDFs (Adobe Acrobat).
to the editor of midhudsonnews.com are accepted by e-mail only (NO faxes) to: email@example.com .
must include your name, address and phone number. We will list your name and municipality of residence, only. Street address* and phone number are
for verification and will not be published, unless you request they be published.
(* Street address may be included if it pertains to a business or organization mentioned promimently in the letter)
will include your name and home town on the signature line.