GOSHEN – The Orange County Community Development Block Grants for towns and villages, which total $855,000, have just been awarded.
They range from a low of $5,000 for the Town of Crawford’s senior transportation program to a high of $95,000 for the Seybolt Avenue water main replacement project in the Village of Otisville.
County Community Development Director Richard Mayfield said the funds typically are assigned for critical infrastructure projects.
“For instance, we are doing a drainage project in the Town of New Windsor,” Mayfield said. “That’s an $80,000 award; the town will also put in some funding towards it, but these are projects that are very difficult for towns to do on their own, but they also help to improve the character and quality of the overall neighborhood. That’s the mission of community development is raising all of the neighborhood qualities up so that people enjoy a good quality of life.”
- The Town of Goshen will receive $30,000 for ADA improvements at the senior center;
- The Town of Cornwall will receive $40,000 for ADA recreation improvements;
- The Town of Wallkill will receive $85,000 for Brookline Avenue drainage project;
- The Town of Deerpark will receive $75,000 for the Sleepy Hollow Road improvement;
- The Town of New Windsor will receive $80,000 for St. Joseph Place draining improvement;
- The Village of Greenwood Lake will receive $40,000 for senior center improvements and $35,000 for Elks ADA bathrooms
- The Village of Florida will receive $90,000 for Randall Street water main replacement;
- The Village of Walden will receive $75,000 for sewer lining installation;
- The Village of Maybrook will receive $50,000 for sewer main lining; The Village of Highland Falls will receive $80,000 for Main Street sidewalk improvements;
- The Village of Warwick will receive $50,000 for Warwick Community Center improvements.
- The cities of Newburgh and Middletown receive their own individual CDBG grants annually.
Copyright © 2017
Mid-Hudson News Network, a division of Statewide News Network, Inc.
This story may not be reproduced in any form, by any media, without express written consent.
This includes rewriting, broadcasting and/or printing of material from MidHudsonNews.com,
by websites, radio
television stations, newspapers or other media